Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Have a Passion for Fiction

Ever since I can remember, I have been a sucker for a good romantic movie, I would sit there and cry my heart out when I watch movies, and Ali always makes fun of me, but it all started when I was 5.

Summer of 1993, Everyone went to bed except me, mom and dad and back then we only had two TV channels so imagine the variety of shows! any how, that night an old Egyptian movie was on called Ayamna Al-Hilwa (our beautiful days) starring Fatin Hamam, Omer al Sherif and Ahmed Ramzi, I remember lifting my head somewhere near the end of the movie and noticing that it was three in the morning, turned around to find mom and dad sleeping, that was the first time in my life staying up late. So back to the movie it's a very sad movie, extremely dramatic just like all Egyptian movies at that time, it tells a story of a poor girl who lives with three brothers and they all fall in love with her but she loves only one of them, gets sick and of course dies at the end. My god did I cry at the end, I cried my heart out and that was when I fell in love with sad romantic cheesy movies.

As time passed my taste in movies changed often, I was addicted to old movies almost all of my childhood and then I was really into thrillers and horror for a very long time. For the last couple of years I have settled for Romantic Comedy, but the problem is I still cry all the time over everything! I mean everything, it's really sever the other day Ali and I were watching Australian Master Chef and I was rooting for one girls and she lost I little tear fell and Ali cracked, Yes he thinks it's funny!!

Another annoying habit I have is that when I like a movie I can watch it a million time but still laugh at every funny bit and cry over any thing sad or touching, but doesn't that mean it's a really good film?? I'd like to think so. Any how the reason why I wrote this was because I wanted to share some of my all times favourate movie quotes with you, here it comes:

1. "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms." - You've Got Mail (My favourite)

2. "It's a wonderful thing, as time goes by, to be with someone who looks into your face, when you've gotten old, and still sees what you think you look like" The bachelor

3. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return" - Moulin Rouge

4. "Hello... I live here" - SATC1

5." it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like... magic"
- Sleepless In Seattle.

6. " Find out who you are, and do it on purpose, that's Dolly Parton" - A walk to remember.

7. "I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me." - Runaway Bride

8. And my all times favorite, "It's to tell you how much you move me, how you changed me. You made me a man, by loving me Holly. And for that, I am eternally grateful... literally. If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you're sad, or unsure, or you lose complete faith, that you'll try to see yourself through my eyes. Thank you for the honor of being my wife. I'm a man with no regrets. How lucky am I. You made my life, Holly. But I'm just one chapter in yours" - P.S I love you.

I'm quite passionate about movies as you can see and I'm really grateful for Mom and Dad for letting me see that movie that night, because if it wasn't for Fatin Hamama's death that night I never would have become the crying over movies person I am today and I never would have wondered how great life would be if there was a sound track in the background!! If only that was possible...

Have a nice day


1 comment: