Thursday, October 20, 2011

How About Being Positive for a Change?

It's human nature that when you're having a good day life surprisingly and unexpectedly becomes so beautiful, all the birds start to sing and you can finally smell the flowers and enjoy the beautiful warm sun light and the weather has never been better, well I'm having one of those gorgeous days and Ali and I have decided to start looking at life from a different prospective a positive one, the truth is we haven't really decided we just agreed that it's better to look at things more positively. I'm a huge believer of what goes around comes around some call it Karma, good things happen to good people and love comes to those who wait and the whole shebang. I'm your classic cliche life-is-good-we-just-don't-know-that kind of person, but I this attitude has got me to where I am right now and I'm proud of what I have accomplished, though very little, yet I'm proud.
So in the spirit of positivity I wanted to share Gandhi's 10 Fundamentals for Changing the World , it's really inspiring:


1. Change yourself: I'm perfect I don't need to follow this one! I'm just kidding, we don't really need to go far to hear people complain "if only I had .... " Gandhi tells us to be the change we wish to see in the world and it really is that simple.

 2. You are in control: I will be telling myself this everyday and so should you. the reason why we never go through with things and take risks is  our selves and limits that we create, break the limits and tell yourself that if you think you should do something then no one has the right to tell you otherwise, you have enough talent or courage or faith or money or strength or whatever. If you don't believe me then look up Helen Keller, or click here  and you will believe that we all have what it takes.

3. Forgive and let go: it is more important to forgive yourself wrong doings than others', if you have harmed yourself in one way or another forgive yourself and move on, life is too short to hold grudges. Gandhi says that forgiveness is choosing to love. When you choose love, you heal your own heart.

 4. Take care of this moment: most people and I admit, not very proudly, that am one of them, spend most of our days planning for next year or creating a ten year plan and we sometimes forget to live today! I luckily have a husband who constantly reminds of right now. Living in the past causes depression. Living in the future causes anxiety so you might as well save yourself the anti depressants!

5. Without action you aren't going anywhere: it's simple stop dreaming and take action do what it takes to make those dreams come true.

6. Everyone is Human: and humans make mistakes, we all make mistakes, how come we forgive ourselves so easily and blame it on lack of sleep or stress and when someone else does it we call it stupidity? Not that I'm proud of it, but I do this sometime, but it's changing.


7. See the good in people and help them: It's been said that there's endless beauty in the human soul and I believe that the more you give the more you receive and you will see that beauty in others' souls.
8. Persist: Whatever it is that you want in life, it takes work. Anything in life that is worth something takes lots and lots of work. Persist and try again and again and again until you reach your goal. "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better".

9. Be congruent, be authentic, be true to yourself: You should always do what you think is right not what you are expected to do and it is better to be hated for who you are than loved for being someone else. after all the only thing that matters is how you feel about yourself and the things you do not what people think.
10. Continue to grow and evolve: Life doesn't always turn out the way you planned it, most times it's a million times better. Keep an open mind and embrace the change and think about the endless opportunities." Never stop learning. Never stop growing. And never stop evolving."

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment